Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Summer's not too far away...

So it's time to start thinking of bathing suit weather. And with that comes bathing suit appearance considerations. As was discussed in our newsletter (March '09), everybody starts this process at different points relative to 'peak condition'. I gauge three things:
  1. Maximum abdominal delineation (i.e., six-pack)
  2. Minimum love handle/skin pinch from bathing suit
  3. Achievement of #'s 1 and 2 without too much of a loss of muscular hardness and fullness
Number 3 is the hardest for me to balance, while the first two are relatively easy to accomplish - particularly if paying no heed to number 3. What tends to happen is I become very lean, but then suddenly I seem to 'shrink' with regard to muscularity. This summer I'd like to be better prepared with regard to this aspect - in effect 'staying ahead' of the curve. More on this as the weeks mount and I come closer and closer to the appearance I want.

So this blog space will detail the steps taken during the next 3+ months leading up to my birthday (June 20th). Every few weeks - or more frequently if something pops up that's worth documenting - I'll note where I stand relative to my goals. I think I can upload some pics along the way as well, provided my ancient digital camera still works...

No comments: