Sunday, April 29, 2012

ARP Week 3

As I sit here sipping some raw milk and watching the Celtics seemingly forget that the playoffs started tonight, I figured it was time for an update.

  

Pics show a slight improvement since those taken two weeks ago.  A bit more delineation in upper ab region, and the tape measure is now fitting snugly at 33 and 1/8th inches, down roughly 3/8th of an inch.  


Still not anything to write home about, and not anywhere NEAR what I would feel comfortable showing up at the beach with (see 'pinch' pic below), but I'm on the right track with plenty of time, and several more alterations in diet at the ready.  

Speaking of diet, everything went according to plan this past week, except for one meal.  I felt 'flat' after training shoulders and arms on Friday (i.e., didn't feel like training stimulus offered appropriate degree of 'pump' relative to demands), and as mentioned previously, I tend to 'deflate' without adequate carbs.  So for one night I relaxed my standards and enjoyed some spinach and ricotta ravioli, along with a bolognese featuring grass-fed beef.  It was quite a lot of food for one sitting (two packages of ravioli, entire jar of marinara, one-pound of beef), and it put me into a pretty good food coma following ingestion, but I felt more muscularly 'full' in the day following.  Ideally this carries over to this week's workouts as well.  


No comments: